Last updated: 15/08/2018
We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.wearepes.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
- About Us
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- Your Rights
- What Data Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Data?
- How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- Data Security
- Do We Share Your Data?
- What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- How Can You Control Your Data?
- Your Right to Withhold Information
- How Can You Access Your Data?
- Contact details
In this policy ‘PES’, ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’ means Premier Employer Solutions Limited, company number 4316451, and its sister Companies PES Health Limited, company number 05392047 and PES Financial Services Limited, company number 09713498. All are registered in England. Our registered office is Unit 1 Pinkers Court, Briarlands Office Park, Rudgeway, Bristol, BS35 1PJ.
Our Site is owned and operated by PES.
What Does This Policy Cover?
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that We have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and We advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data.
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see Your right to access your data).
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details below).
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in How Do We Use Your Data? but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact us using the details below).
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation).
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes.
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in the section below and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you.
If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do We Collect?
- Your name
- Company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. More details on security are provided below.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis. We use legitimate interests as the basis for processing your personal data (e.g. we use the information you have provided to contact you for direct marketing purposes). Please refer to our legitimate interest statement for further details. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Emailing blog alerts or newsletters requested by you.
- Registering for downloads.
- Answering online chat queries.
- Replying to enquiries or demo requests from you.
- Adding you to our leads database.
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering anonymous feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience.
- Marketing purposes which may include occasionally contacting you by email and/or telephone with information, news and offers on Our products, services and/or We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of our marketing at any time by selecting opt out on data collection or using the unsubscribe link in our emails. Any opt out will be construed as opting out of all marketing communications with PES.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods or its retention will be determined on the following bases:
- Data collected during an online chat session is retained for 30 days.
- Personal data (excluding email address) submitted via the contact us form / book a demo form is retained as follows:
- Until there has been no engagement from you for a period of 2 years.
- or you become a client where our client data retention policy applies.
- Your email address will be retained indefinitely and will only be used for marketing purposes if you have not opted out of receiving email. To ensure that we can observe your opt out request, your email address will be added to a suppression list to ensure that we do not send email communications to you. All other personal data will be deleted.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). We assume that you accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us.
- Where We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR (g. by ensuring our storage is EU-US Privacy Shield certified).
Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- Your personal data is only accessible to staff who need to access it to do their jobs.
- Your personal data is uploaded to our data processing software providers using a secure connection.
- Regular backups are performed.
- We carry out security vetting of our data processors to ensure that your personal data is handled in line with GDPR.
- We are accredited with Cyber Essentials for more information https://www.cyberessentials.ncsc.gov.uk
- Having an information security policy, data protection policy, data retention policy, business continuity plan and end user IT agreement and taking steps to make sure these policies are implemented, regularly reviewed and enforced.
Do We Share Your Data?
We may share your data with other companies in Our group to answer your queries. This includes PES Health Limited and PES Financial Services Limited.
We will not share your data with any other third parties for any purposes.
In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data. For example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
Some of the third-party data processors used by Us and listed below are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein).
- Mailchimp stores data in USA https://mailchimp.com/about/security/
- Zoho CRM stores data in EU https://www.zoho.com/security.html
- ZenDesk stores data in EU https://www.zendesk.co.uk/product/zendesk-security/
Where We transfer any personal data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out above, when you submit personal data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data e.g. cookies.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
- by email at email@example.com
- by telephone on 01454 808658, or
- by post at Unit 1 Pinkers Court, Briarlands Office Park, Rudgeway, Bristol, BS35 1PJ.
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you.