Reward for dedicated staff
Portman Dental Care is a growing organisation with a network of over 65 dental practices across the country. The number of employees has doubled from 400 to 800 in just under two years.
Committed to excellence in all they do, the senior team wanted to reward employees for their dedication and hard work. Our online benefits solution happypeople helped them to do just that.
What were the challenges?
- Communicating effectively with a rapidly growing but dispersed workforce, many of whom weren’t desk-based.
- A varied employee demographic with different needs and expectations.
- Aligning benefits and administration with newly centralised payroll and HR processes.
How did PES help?
We introduced Portman Dental to our online employee benefits solution happypeople, which gave their staff engaging, appealing access to a range of carefully selected benefits, including childcare vouchers and online shopping – both free with happypeople.
Administration was streamlined by bringing benefits online. As Portman’s own internal processes evolved, PES adapted happypeople and its underlying technology to support this.
Our dedicated communications team delivered innovative solutions to ensure that the message reached all employees, including summary leaflets, booklets and posters. One approach was a webinar which introduced practice managers to happypeople. A supporting pack contained all the essential tools they needed to tell local employees about the scheme.
What was the result?
- 71% of employees have now registered with the scheme, an impressive figure for a dispersed workforce.
- Employees spent £50,000 on online shopping in a calendar year. On top of great savings, they also generated a further 5% cash back.
- Customising the happypeople platform created strong employee recognition for the new Portman Dental brand.