Becoming an employer of choice
Flexicare is a leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of medical devices with a focus on anaesthesia, respiratory and urology products. The company sells to over 105 countries internationally and has in-house manufacturing in China, Sri Lanka and the UK.
Flexicare has a real concern for its employees and a desire to make its business a great place to work. Could there be a better reason for introducing our employee benefits platform, happypeople?
What were the challenges?
- Attracting and retaining the best people in a competitive market.
- Flexicare had limited existing benefits which it wanted to build upon.
- There was no online platform to promote visibility and engagement with employee benefits.
- The business needed help to select a variety of flexible benefits that staff would value, in a package that would be affordable.
“For us, it wasn’t necessarily about getting the best quote – it was about designing a flexible benefits structure that would meet the needs of a small but diverse workforce. We needed something different, and that’s why we chose happypeople.”
How did PES help?
Launching an employee benefits platform was a first for Flexicare, and we were delighted to help. Here’s what we delivered.
- An intuitive, online employee benefits platform, customised with their own logo and colours.
- Access to Perks at Work, our discounted online shopping portal, included free with happypeople.
- Advice on selecting a competitive range of core and voluntary benefits that would be an excellent fit for Flexicare’s employees.
“We want to attract the best people within our industry. Developing a strong team at all levels is vital to the growth of our business, and happypeople helps us do that.”
What else did we offer?
- Professional, regulated broking for their group health and risk products from PES Health, including life assurance, private medical insurance and a health cash plan.
- Creative employee communications, designed and delivered by our in-house experts.
- Support throughout the whole process from our dedicated account managers and their teams.
“Implementation went really well. The project management was outstanding. It’s rare to encounter a whole team who are so on top of everything, with the ability to chase so politely!”
What was the result?
- Smooth implementation of the scheme within 12 weeks.
- Well-attended on-site benefits day, organised by our communications team for Flexicare employees.
- 100% of employees have registered with happypeople.
- 84% of employees have registered with Perks at Work, our online shopping portal.
“Flexicare is a responsible employer and we do what’s right for our people. I’m delighted that we now have a benefits package with something for everyone.”