Engaging employees across multiple sites
apetito is a leading food producer for the health and social care sector. The company believes that nutritious, tasty food should be enjoyed by everyone, particularly society’s most vulnerable people.
apetito has 1,200 employees, based at a number of sites across the UK. The company was looking to engage employees with an exciting range of benefits. The solution? apetito perks, a modern, online employee beneﬁts scheme based on PES’s flexible, intuitive software.
What were the challenges?
- apetito’s employees were spread over different sites, and not all of them had access to a computer. Some didn’t even have work email addresses.
- Communications to date around employee beneﬁts had been minimal and lacking in innovation. As a result, previous employee beneﬁts providers had seen low engagement rates.
- apetito were also frustrated by the level of customer support they had received.
How did PES help?
- We consolidated apetito’s existing employee beneﬁts onto happypeople, our online beneﬁts platform, and branded it apetito perks.
- Our employee beneﬁts software reassured HR that their data was being managed safely and securely.
“PES’s IASME Gold Standard accreditation gives me total conﬁdence to share data, knowing that it’s being treated securely.”
Great perks, high awareness
- We included our online shopping portal free with apetito perks, giving employees access to thousands of high-street retailers offering discounts and rewards.
- We also provided childcare vouchers for free with the platform, allowing apetito to save money by switching seamlessly from their existing provider.
- Our employee communications experts provided a package of innovative and engaging tools to raise awareness among employees. These included e-campaigns, posters, provider materials, a competition, site visits and presentations to service managers.
Proactive account management
- With dedicated account management from our team, apetito enjoyed regular updates on the progress of their scheme, and support with any questions or issues.
“I’ve never had as much contact with account managers before. They call and meet with us regularly. PES work proactively with our IT team to ﬁnd solutions.”
- We demonstrated how well we understood and shared apetito’s values around quality, customer care and sustainability.
What was the result?
- 58% of employees registered with apetito perks after only six months, an increase from only 25% with the previous provider. With many employees not even having access to a work computer, this is a real achievement.
Further communications are planned to bring even more employees on board.