Cost: £325 + VAT
4 days online course. Combination of self-learning and online sessions.
About this Event
An opportunity to qualify as a Mental Health First Aider endorsed by Public Health England. This course is spread over 4 days.
- Session 1 – Tuesday 1st December – 9:30am – 12pm
- Session 2 – Wednesday 2nd December – 9:30am – 12pm
- Session 3 – Thursday 3rd December – 9:30am – 12pm
- Session 4 – Friday 4th December 9:30am – 12pm
Before each live session between 1 and 2 hours of self directed online learning must be completed
Refund policy – no refunds will be given up to 14 days prior to the 1st session.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. Adult MHFA courses can be attended by people aged 16 upwards and are relevant for the general population. Everyone on an Adult MHFA course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issues. Each and every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven day instructor training programme accredited by the RoyalSociety for PublicHealth.
What will I learn on a two day MHFA course?
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills:
Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression.
Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis.
Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm.
Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
How will becoming a Mental Health First Aider help?
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and help participants feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boost knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
£325 + VAT
Online video conference calls
This course is open to both PES and non-PES clients.