Workplace wellbeing sounds like a great idea for big organisations with the budget to employ occupational health professionals. If you run a smaller enterprise, where do you start?
Workplace wellbeing needn’t be too ‘fluffy’ or expensive for your business. If you don’t fancy meditation Mondays or fat-free Fridays, you can still give your employees more energy, mental agility and positivity with just a few creative ideas.
It may be that simple – or there may be more to do. The key thing is to find out. At PES, we help businesses of all sizes improve workplace wellbeing in a way that works for them. Our approach is to look at where you are now and deliver a meaningful workplace wellbeing solution that gets you to where you want to be.
Here are a few Workplace Wellbeing pointers to get you started
- Think about how workplace wellbeing will support your business strategy.
- Consider your sector, size and employee demographic – every organisation’s workplace wellbeing requirements are different.
- Ask your employees what they want.
- Don’t limit your ideas to ‘bolt-on’ interventions like team sports or yoga sessions (although that might be all you need).
- But don’t assume workplace wellbeing has to be complex or costly.
- Make sure your workplace wellbeing interventions are measurable.
We know why workplace wellbeing works…
Download the Viewpoint paper below to discover the secrets:
FREE DOWNLOAD: ‘Why Workplace Wellbeing Works’
Simply fill in your email address to access the download link.
Why workplace wellbeing matters
‘Good health is good business’ according to Dame Carol Black, author of the ground-breaking report into workplace wellbeing, ‘Working for a healthier tomorrow’.Why workplace wellbeing matters
We agree. Happy employees contribute to business growth in so many ways. Productivity, energy, ideas, creative solutions – on a grander scale this means a burgeoning economy, which is great for us all.
Think of work as a source of wellbeing. It’s a huge part of many people’s lives and we’re working longer than ever before. If your employees aren’t happy, work can be a life sentence. If they are, their quality of life improves dramatically – which can only be good for your business.
Our workplace wellbeing ‘Happy at Work Hub’!
The PES Happy at Work Hub is a network of expert practitioners who have been carefully chosen and vetted by PES to deliver inspiring, practical wellbeing interventions that boost productivity and reduce absence rates.
- Happy at Work Hub brings together a range of expert wellbeing practitioners who have experience in making employees happy in growing businesses.
- We aim to take the hassle of organising, vetting and finding top quality practitioners to deliver fun and innovative workshops in all areas of wellbeing.
- So whether you want a one off workshop, a series of events, a wellbeing day or something in between, please get in touch.
- We’re committed to bringing you stress free, fun wellbeing solutions to make for happy people, happy business.
Example workplace wellbeing workshops
- Building resilience
- Building resilience for managers
- Line manager training
- Sleep & rest
- Fitness and health
- Health at your desk
- How to be better with money
- How money can make you happier
- Help to buy and helping your employees get on the housing ladder
- Reboot your pension
- Mental health aware
- Mental health first aid
- Mental health awareness for managers
- Emotional intelligence
- Wellbeing and you – wellbeing workout
- Ways of wellbeing workshop – an introduction to the 5 ways to wellbeing
- Behavioural happiness: wellbeing at work
- Finding and aligning values and purpose
- Design in mind: how the design of the workplace affects health, wellbeing and productivity