About The Role
PES are a small growing business based in North Bristol with 37 staff and our IT support is currently outsourced due to the business’ size. As a business we use MS Windows and Microsoft Office standalone. Our IT support company provide Hosted MS exchange, MS Lync 2013 and an end user helpdesk. PES is currently applying for IASME accreditation. This is a new role with a focus on information security & GDPR ensuring that PES is compliant throughout the business and to work closely with our IT Support partner to ensure the business has effective IT support in line with our IT security policy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To work with PES’ IT service provider to deliver and maintain PES’ business IT infrastructure and IT support function to ensure that PES’ Business IT infrastructure meets the business’ needs and that IT support issues are dealt with in an effective and timely manner.
- To review and renew contracts (in conjunction with the Head of Web Product Development), as required.
- To take an active role in the specification and procurement of hardware and business software to meet the developing needs of PES, delivering savings where possible.
- To manage all activities enabling PES to obtain and maintain the IASME accreditation.
- To project manage the GDPR implementation project and ensure the continuing adherence to GDPR regulations ensuring PES remains compliant at all times.
- To take the lead in the creation and maintenance of IT and GDPR policies and procedures ensuring PES remains compliant at all times.
- To produce and maintain inventories of hardware and software, ensuring calendar reminders are set within agreed parameters for timely action regarding warranty/licensing/software renewals where necessary.
- To assist in the budget-setting and in-year budget monitoring and management for the entire PES IT budget to ensure that PES’ IT infrastructure is adequately resourced.
- To provide advice and assistance as an IT professional to the Senior Management Team and project teams, ensuring options and implications are carefully considered and the SMT/project teams are appropriately advised.
- To be responsible for the Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity management within PES, and to maintain a good working relationship with our IT service provider and PES development team to implement, monitor and make the necessary improvements to organisational systems and data security (encryption, anti-virus, etc.).
- To be adaptable to a changing technical environment and develop a professional understanding and knowledge of technology, providing training, coaching and support to PES employees, as required.
- To generate ideas and strategies to position IT as a key enabler to PES’s growth and success.
We’re a refreshingly helpful employee benefits and HR support provider. Since 2001, we’ve been passionate about giving our clients a high standard of care. No matter what size a business is, we know one solution doesn’t work for everyone. Our focus is on creating tailored solutions for a variety of businesses, to make employee benefits and HR support accessible and affordable.
Then let us know by applying via our website including a copy of your CV, outlining the reasons why you believe you are the right person to join our team, confirmation that you have the right to work in the UK, and your current remuneration details.